10 Mart 2013 Pazar

JOURNAL ENTRY 1: THE DREAM OF A BUTTERFLY

       Hi everybody :) Today, I will talk about The Dream of a Butterfly. I watched this movie at cinema two weeks ago. It affected me deeply and so I chose this topic.
   The Dream of a Butterfly is a 2013 Turkish drama film based  on biographies of Muzaffer Tayyip Uslu and Rüştü Onur. The film was directed by Yılmaz Erdoğan and starred Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ and Mert Fırat. Events took place in Zonguldak .The film tells the story of two young tuberculous poets.  Muzaffer and Rüştü are two fiends trying to survive by publishing their poems under difficult conditions of Second World War. 
    I have to admit that the film can’t appeal to everyone because it doesn’t have enough action or events are progressing slowly. However, in my opinion, it is an accomplished film in all respects. Firstly, cast of the movie is well-chosen. Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ , Mert Fırat and Farah Zeynep Abdullah are so successful at acting that you can feel their happiness, sadness or physical pain. Belçim Bilgin is the only actor I don’t like in the movie since she is not appropriate for the role of a high school student. I think younger actor should have been chosen for the role of Suzan. Secondly, it reflects the time of events perfectly. Namely, you can feel the atmosphere of the forties. People’s life styles, clothes, speeches and places are appropriate. For instance, there are scenes about mine workers at the beginning of the film. While I was watching the movie, I was surprised how realistic they were. Moreover, physical appearances of actors are quite convincing. For example, Muzaffer and Rüştü are thin and tired because they have suffered from tuberculosis. Also, I want to draw attention to the point of how emaciated Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ is. According to news I have read, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ lost 13 weights for Kuzey Güney and seven weights for The Dream of a Butterfly  in one year. This shows us that Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ  gives importance to his occupation. Lastly, visual effects, music and poems are perfect. Poem and love are in the middle of everything in that movie. Yılmaz Erdoğan shows us this by saying “Love is the pretext for poetry”. ”Öldükten Sonra” is my favorite poem in the movie ,and I am sure that all of you will find at least one poem which appeals to you. Also, you must know that IMDb rating of The Dream of a Butterfly is 8.2.  As a consequence, The film is worth watching. If you like poetry, you must certainly watch it :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder