22 Ocak 2013 Salı

REVISED JOURNAL 1: BEING A STUDENT AT METU

                                 

    Being a student at METU was my goal in high school. Although I have fulfilled my dream, I have some adaptation problems now.
    Firstly; because all my close friends are at a different section, I am so sad. I have difficulty in developing new relationships and adapting to an unfamiliar environment. Living with people who I don't know so much about is a hard condition.
   Secondly, the campus is too complicated and broad. On account of the distance between faculties and dormitories, it takes so much time to go to anywhere.
   Lastly English is the language of instruction at METU.As a consequence of this; I find it difficult to understand my teachers clearly. Moreover, university lessons are more difficult than high school lessons. While I spend less time in class, I study hard at my free time. Also, I need to balance work and social life.
   To cope with the challenges that I am facing, I am trying to get along with my new friends. I communicate my expectations respectfully for avoiding conflict with my roommates. By using maps, I learn where faculties and other buildings are. When I don't understand what teachers are talking about, I ask for help. Also, I attend class regularly and take notes in order to improve my success.
   Despite its hardships, METU provides a lot of opportunities for students. They can find whatever they want or need at shopping centers. Also, there are a wide range of places like cafes, library, post office, health center etc. Besides, there are many social clubs.
   METU gives me the freedom I need. This is one of the advantages of METU for me.
  Consequently, I am happy about being at METU. Despite difficulties, being a student at METU is privilege.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder